Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Final Sneak Peek

The countdown to baby is on!  Six more days at the very most.   I am scheduled to go in on Monday at 7am to be induced, if he doesn't decide to make his appearance on his own before then.  I thought I would be more nervous, but I am mostly excited to finally meet him!  I am sure there will be a rollercoaster of emotions over the next week, but as of now I am in a good place.  I am optimistic about his health and very confident that we are in the right place for him.


I had my last doctor's appointment today, and got my final peek at Baby Matthew.  He passed his biophysical profile again in record time.  The ultrasound tech even said she had a decent view of his right lung (which is the side that is of concern).  He loves to have his hands up by his face, so it is hard to get a good picture.  We got a tiny glimpse of a grin today, and I can't wait to see it in real life!


ALL of my boys came up to Kansas City last weekend to see us!  A.J. was SO happy to see his brothers.  It rained the entire time they were here!  We were supposed to go to a Royals game on Saturday evening, but it got rained out.  We are hopeful that we can make another game before our time in KC is up, and who knows, maybe Matthew can log his first baseball stadium sometime this summer.
Over the next six days I plan to soak up all the A.J. snuggles I can get, and spend a fun weekend with my other boys.  We appreciate all of the prayers, meals, carpools, texts, gift cards and support.  I really can't explain how much love we have felt from near and far.  We feel so blessed to bring Matthew into this world surrounded by so many people we know will love and support him and our entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment