Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Mighty Matthew at Home


Ever since I heard that Matthew would have to be born somewhere besides Tulsa I focused all my energy on getting him home.  Having to leave my home and my family for two months was, without a doubt, one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  Whenever I was having a rough day I would tell myself "someday you will be home as a family of seven and all of this will be worth it."


My someday became a reality on June 13, 2017.  Bringing Matthew home was one of the happiest moments of my life.  Being able to kiss all five of my babies goodnight every night is not something I will take for granted ever again.

I had been dreaming about Matthew's "newborn" pictures at home since before he was born.  I knew his newborn days would be spent in a hospital, and that he wouldn't be a tiny sleepy newborn by the time we got home.  It was so important to me to document this extremely special time in our lives.  To celebrate all he went through to get here.  So I hired a photographer to come and capture these special moments.  Here are some of my very favorites from our session with Ashley Alexander Photography.













I am working on an update about Matthew, but wanted to share all of these pictures.  I will never be able to look at them without feeling tremendous love and gratitude for my family and being with the ones I love at home!

PS- Thank you so much, Ashley, for fitting us in and capturing this time in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment